MooreMart’s next two events are schedule to take place in June. The first event is the June 1st Adventure 5K Obstacle Course event at Liquid Plant in Candia NH. The Second is our Spring/4th of July Packing Event on June 6 – 8 at the Nashua National Guard Armory.
If you or your group would like to volunteer at either event please let me know as soon as possible as our volunteer slots fill quickly.
If you or your group would like to donate supplies for the June 6 – 8th care package event the drop off date for the supplies is June 6th at the Armory in Nashua from 3 to 7pm. The contact person relative to volunteering is Paul at Paul@MooreMart.org and if possible if you could let us know by Friday (May 3rd, 2013) if you think your group would like to participate in either event that would be greatly appreciated. A firm list of volunteers would be needed by the 10th of May so we can plan accordingly.
I have included the announcements for both events in this e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Have a great day!
June 6 – 8th event:
MooreMart’s Spring/4th of July Packing Event!
WHAT: Help our troops celebrate the Spring/Summer Season by donating a gift bag (no larger than 8″x10″x3″) with Patriotic items/candy, healthy snacks, encouraging notes and cards.
WHEN: Drop off of gift bags will be on Thursday, June 6th from 3 pm – 7 pm.
WHERE: U.S. Army National Guard Armory – 154 Daniel Webster Highway, Nashua NH 03060.
WHY: Because we care!
Individuals, organizations, and businesses are welcome to donate decorated brown bags (see photo of gift bags) that are no larger than 8″x10″x3″ (please no brown lunch/sandwich bags).
“Standard Packing Items List
A lot of people have asked what standard items they can purchase for MooreMart’s upcoming packing events. The Standard Packing List Items is:
• Individual size drink mixes/ water bottle packet flavoring (crystal lite, power aid, etc)
• Power Bars and Granola Bars
• Bags of Peanuts/Trail Mix – small size
• Hot chocolate – individual size
• Dried fruit or Nuts – small packages
• Card Games – i.e. Uno, SkipBo, etc.
• Small Games
• NEW white tube socks
• Movie Size Boxes (now available at Wal-Mart) Life Savers, Jolly Rancher, Smarties, Twizzlers, Dum Dum Pops, Starburst, Skittles, Swedish Fish, Air Heads, Sour Patch Kids, Sweet Tarts, M & Ms, Tootsie Roll, Tootsie Pops, Tootsie Rolls, Jelly Beans, Gummy Bears, Blow Pops, Dots, Nerds, Mike & Ike, Dots, Starburst, etc.
• Fun Size Chocolates
• M&M’s snack size or individual size bags
• Licorice snack size or individual size bags
• Hard Candy- Mixed bags Most Enjoyed – please no bags of only mints
• Packaged Cookies and peanut butter crackers – i.e. 6 per package (no home baked items)
• Tooth Brushes, Tooth Paste, and Dental Floss
• Girl Scout cookies
• NEW pens and NEW writing paper/cards
• Hand warmers
• Foot warmers
• A card or letter with supportive message”
PLEASE, NO LIQUIDS, TOILETRIES, OR HOME BAKED ITEMS to include your own trail mix!
Nothing larger than 3” in diameter or it won’t fit in our boxes!
Please do not use brown paper lunch/sandwich bags
Financial Donations to help defray the cost of shipping the care packages are always greatly appreciated.