The following is the planned itinery –
1. Each District will need to bring an American Flag and flag stand.
2. For District #6 – Hudson Post please bring your American flag and full set of service flags and flag stands! If you cannot – let me know.
3. The State Color Guard will carry the American Flag, POW/MIA Flag, NH State Flag, and each District will be lead by an American Flag and a VFW or service flag. Everyone will be directed on where to put your flag stands for posting.
District #1 will carry the American Flag and NHVFW Flag
District #2 will carry the American Flag and NHVFW/LA Flag
District #3 will carry the American Flag and the U.S. Army flag
District #4 will carry the American Flag and the U.S. Marine Corps flag
District #5 will carry the American Flag and the U.S. Navy flag
District #6 will carry the American Flag and the U.S. Air Force flag
District #7 will carry the American Flag and the U.S. Coast Guard flag (if there is a National Guard Flag things may be moved. This is the jist of what we’re doing but it’s all subject to slight changes)
4. Each Post/member will need wear their assigned District color and bring patriotic banners/props/flags for waving etc – see the flyer!
5. All members will be lined-up by District #1 – #7 outside the ballroom in the hallway at 6:40pm. Patriotic music will accompany our march!
6. The State Color Guard will lead the Dept of NHVFW & NHVFWLA State Officers will do one cycle around the ballroom then take their pass and review positions. The State Color Guard will then lead the Dept delegation on two cycles around the ballroom at which time each District will be directed to their final position prior to the Opening Ceremonies.
7. After the parade the music will stop. The Color Guard will advance up the center aisle and present the Colors for the Pledge of Allegiance and our National Anthem.
8. All Districts and Posts within that District will be formally introduced (i.e. brough forward with their flags), present colors and salute the head table and then move to stow their parade colors and take their seats when instructed. 9. Final plans will be passed at the Dist. Commanders/Presidents meeting after the Awards Ceremony. If anyone has any questions – please ask them now before it is too late to correct a deficiency. Thanks Very Much Everyone! Mark & Rita McCabe