June 23, 2012 \
To All Honorable people involved:
Timing is of importance:
Asking for educational help that is the most important direction of education today
Asking for Congressional Senators/ Representatives help for surrounding districts to assist us in making JROTC viable for several years to come.
Naval decision being made VERY shortly on NJROTC important to Strafford, Rockingham, and surround ding counties with an appeal for your help and assistance PLEASE.
In a very short time, could be days, the Navy Committee is making decisions as to what schools they will be funding for their JROTC programs.
We probably will be notified that we will be funded for the 2012-2013 school year but in about the Number 1 position to be discontinued in the year 2013-2014.
History of our program:
- 1. Required to have 100 students involved and 2 officers employed.
- 2. Have worked diligently to reach this goal and have struggled with the number and they have been gracious enough to help us over the hump to attain this.
- 3. However, at a point, when our goal is to be successful has arrived, we will be considered to be dropped.
- a. The State of New Hampshire educational department has recently allowed s to consider JROTC as a part of the Career Technology Dept.
- b. This now includes area students from Barrington, Portsmouth, Rochester, Somersworth and Farmington.Milton
- c. We are at the pinnacle of what education is all about in today’s world, preparing students for careers that make them responsible citizens, and preparing them to be successful in their growing years.(Therefore, very disappointing that we have reached the top of the mountain and may be in the position to be forced to end the program
- d. We have students who have gone on to one of the Academies, military school, and college ROTC programs Our present representative is the top academic student in her class.
- e. Need your help in a request to the Board to allow us to continue with a now definite successful program and not consider dropping us in the 2013-2014 program and prove to them that this is a Career Program, in defense of our beautiful Country, and in defense of providing a program necessary to the educational needs of our children today.
- 4. I have been a teacher in the educational field for 35 years. I have been a member of the Dover,N.H. school Board for 18 years. I am an extremely strong advocate of this program and fought diligently to retain it as part of our educational program and being an advocate of Career Education in today’s wprld and, reaching the point whereby the State is now including it as a part of a student’s career. I beg you, please intercede for us and see if you can influence the Board to keep us off this elimination list.
- 5. This is my way of offering some kind of protection for the Democracy of this Country. I will not give up as preserving Democracy in this Country. I believe that through education students are being trained to be honorable students and citizens of the United States.
- 6. Thank you for any effort on your part.
- 7. Doris Grady, M.ED. 42 Longhill Road, Dover,N.H. 03820 603-742-6227
- 8. E-Mail address Educ76@comcast.net